Starting a Coffee Party USA Community Group
Are you interested in starting a Coffee Party USA group in your community? That’s great! We want to support you in that goal!
First, you may want to make sure there is not already a group in your area. Check here.
If there is not a group already operating in your area, then here are the simple steps to get started in creating one:
Review the sections below entitled “Requirements for a Coffee Party USA Community Group” and “Benefits of Starting a Community Group”.
Read the “Affliation Statement” below and then fill in the fields with the pertinent information and hit enter. Doing so sends your application to start a new group to our team who reviews such requests.
Within a few days, someone from Coffee Party USA will contact you. If you meet all of the requirements, they will provide you further information to get you started.
In the meantime, you may want to also check out the resources listed on our website here which you may find helpful.
Requirements for a Coffee Party USA Community Group
- The contact person (group leader) for the community group must be a dues paying member, of the Coffee Party USA and have signed the civility pledge.
- All individuals acting on behalf of the Coffee Party USA community group must abide by the civility pledge in all of their interactions with others.
- All individuals acting on behalf of the Coffee Party USA community group may not endorse any political candidate as a part of your Coffee Party USA activities.
- All individuals acting on behalf of the Coffee Party USA community group should be supportive of the national Coffee Party USA activities.
Benefits of Starting a Community Group
Upon approval, affiliated community groups will:
- Be listed on the Coffee Party USA website.
- Will be able to list any appropriate community events on the Coffee Party USA website events page.
- Will receive access to a new community FaceBook page created by Coffee Party USA for their usage where they can post appropriate items.
- Will be able to use the Coffee Party USA name and logo (trademark protected) on their FaceBook page and in other local materials (signs, etc.)
- Will be given a designated contact with Coffee Party USA to answer their questions.
- Will receive access to special community email notices (sent to the designated contact person) giving them updates on Coffee Party USA special campaigns, events and activities.
- Will be a part of a growing movement dedicated to bringing civility and reason to our political process.
By completion of the data fields below and submitting this request to start a Coffee Party USA Community Group in my geographical area, I hereby attest to the following:
- I currently meet and will continue to meet the requirements as a Coffee Party USA community group as listed above.
- I have read and understand the benefits I will receive by my community group becoming approved by the Coffee Party USA.
- I understand that by becoming an approved Coffee Party USA community group, this neither creates nor implies any formal legal structure existing between the Coffee Party USA and the community group, and that the community group is not authorized to act on behalf of, or bind in any way, Coffee Party USA.
- I understand that although I will receive a FaceBook page and editor rights for my use for my Coffee Party USA community group, the Coffee Party USA national group will retain administrative rights and ownership control of the page.
- I understand that I and other members of my community group must maintain the Coffee Party USA community FaceBook page with regular postings and if at any time such page has had no postings within a 6 month period, it may be closed by the Coffee Party USA.
- I understand that other individuals who join this community group may be granted FaceBook page editor rights so long as they meet the requirements listed above.
- I understand that I and all members of my community group must abide by all copyright requirements in the usage of the name and logos of the Coffee Party USA including getting approval for any usages of the name and logos beyond its usage on the FaceBook page and for any signage for local events.
- I understand that although I will have an online presence for my community group, I may optionally also choose to host local meetings and events using the Coffee Party USA name.
- I understand that I and all members of my community group must respond to requests for information from the Coffee Party USA within a reasonable time frame.
- I agree to notify Coffee Party USA in a timely manner if there is a change in the person who is serving as a contact for this community group.
- I understand that if at any time I fail to meet any of the requirements outlined above or that are a part of this attestation, that Coffee Party USA holds the right to revoke my community group affiliation status.